Tuesday 17 February 2015

Fighting fit.

I'm taking advantage of my wonderful new winter quarters by coming to bed before 9.00pm with my laptop and Miller's Antiques guides, to do a little research before going to Hanson's auction on Friday.
Not before falling asleep in the lounge, I admit.

Hectic weekend - Coffee and Cakes morning on Friday with a dozen friends here then taking cake to deserving friends afternoon.
Saturday was warm and sunny and spent in the garden - the first effort this year and the rockery now looking good with lots of bulbs and celandines showing that spring is on the way.
Jan, Chris and K came to dinner - salad, steak with peppercorn sauce and dauphinoise potatoes, which should have been followed by puff pastry hearts with cream and orange curd (can't spell the French for that, either!), but lost the cream somewhere, so settled for cheese and delivered the desert on Sunday tea time.
We toasted St Valentine with a bottle of bubbly!

Church at OW on Sunday - D still off and the visiting priest said he'd take the one service, which was very good, with a worthy congregation.
Walsgrave Hospital in the afternoon to see the consultant about my eye - lots of drops so pleased that K had offered to chauffeur.
It will be done within the next 4 weeks - hole mended and a new lens as cataracts are likely to follow, so this saves further surgery. I have to go back tomorrow for the pre-op, whatever that entails.
This is a little inconvenient as J and Th are coming for a couple of days, we're going to Bicester in the morning for KP's birthday and having a sleepover.
I shall have to miss "Shaun the Sheep" and drive back to Coventry instead, but it will work out well as no drops tomorrow, so I can drive myself.

Today I made the ultimate Malteser cake for KP and Malteser cookies to follow, made pancakes for breakfast, went for a nice walk and cleaned the house, again - fear of being whisked away, I think.
I have to spend  a week on my stomach after the eye op - fear of looking at a dirty floor!! 

No comments: