Saturday 31 May 2014

......and Amazons!

I'm sitting in the conservatory delighting in watching the swallows swoop around the garden, occasionally settling briefly on the roof.
This must be the first brood out of the nest in the stables as there are so many of them - I must have missed the flying lessons last week whist in Cambridge.
I heard the cuckoo for the first time yesterday, with T and KP - much too late, I must have missed it earlier as they usually arrive at the end of April.
Perhaps they don't like rain!
So many birds nesting in the garden this year.

The last two days with T and KP, J and Th have been great fun - never a dull moment.
Yesterday afternoon the KP and Th (both 7) played football whilst J and T scooted around on wheeled vehicles in a play of their own making, when exhausted they all came in for sustenance, swapped partners and played Harry Potter!
I'm scarcely needed.
All gone now and I'm in the middle of a sermon, which I really want to finish so that I can mow the lawns, B having got the mower going for me (as well as removing the honeysuckle from beside the kitchen window - I thought that it needed a new trellis, it had abandoned that in favour of the gas pipe! - and replacing the bathroom light bulb which I had replaced with one which came on and off unpredictably, apparently due to the unusual red spot on its base)

Cousin JR's care seems to be sorted out now and he has two young blonde ladies in constant attendance - apparently his rather dim old eyes sparkled when they arrived - I think that he may be getting more regular visits from the neighbours now!

Back to the sermon........Ascensiontide - only got a s far as the holiday in Combe Martin and the Elvis tribute, so far - the moment he said it, I knew that it was a sermon - God moves in mysterious ways
I've read a brilliant piece by Ian Poulson, "Eternal Life - we have the best, the most attractive , the most wonderful, the most fantastic, the most wonderful thing in the entire world to offer to people - why aren't churches so full that we have to build more?"
Why indeed?

No comments: