Thursday 29 May 2014

Chicken Eve!

A great evening; E arrived with T and KP, shortly after I got home from JR's.
We organised the requested dinner - chicken korma, tikka and mixed starters from JS.
I had to leave them to chair a church meeting in the next room.
KP thought it was "great to have a meal with her big brother, like grown ups" - they served mine, ready to microwave later, had their pudding, watched B's got T and came into the meeting to advise on what they enjoyed about church.
What stars!

Achieved a good deal at JR's - sorted two bedrooms and arranged for my Aunt and Uncles clothing  from the 40s - 70s to go to auction, vintage shop, charity shop or bagged for the bonfire when the gardener's in on Thursday.
Wardrobes and bedrooms cleaned and tidied ready for two new carers arriving on Friday, to replace the one already there, with waking night relief.
I've been sharing in JR's care since Monday, which is rewarding despite the sadness of his state - dementia and Alzheimer's.

The journey down marked mainly by the coach that attempted to pull out into the side of me as I drove alongside, in the outside lane - brakes, rumble strip and horn.
The journey back took far too long due to roadworks on A14 and an accident on M6 - small bump on our carriageway, apparently something far worse on the other carriageway, which I didn't see.
J and Th joining us tomorrow for a couple of days of fun - hoping to collect three new chickens and settle them in whilst the g/children are here to meet them.
Should be in bed - I expect an early morning!

No comments: