Friday 12 July 2013

Whew, what a scorcher!!

This week I have moved mountains, with a little help from some friends, with brawn - furniture moved around, a new bed & linen, a full dustbin & a trip to the charity shop.
This all finished off with getting up with the chickens for the last couple of days to polish & vacuum everywhere & clean the windows.
This last task highlighted the fact that the wysteria was invading our space, so Itackled it from the top of the steps & cleaned out the guttering whilst I was up there.
I do still need to reach the highest bits, from a ladder, on a brave, well-balanced day!
I've managed to fit in tennis twice, a visit to the dentist to add sparkle, followed by lunch in Solihull &  sale shopping in John Lewis, with Jan - some amazing bargains in the household dept.
Great fun
Less fun was half  a day spent on the internet & phone trying to get my hacked btinternet e mail account put right - everything lost.
A fantastice guy at BT in Newcastle sorted out the account, resulting in a £19/month saving on broadband & all calls for £7/month - a total saving of about £30 /month, just by speaking to someone who cared.
Added to that, he sorted out my e mail so that it is now functioning.
Dave is my hero of the week!
Phone your supplier & ask for a cheaper deal if you haven't done so already.

British gas came out to service the boiler & heating system.
There had been no hot water for a few days, this was sorted, possibly an air lock, but no obvious fault, apparently.
Service back to normal, using the big shower in the bathroom, rather than the power shower in the spare room en suite, 

Added to all of this, the Lotus was checked out & MOTed by a local garage for £80, collected & delivered by another chap who cared.
I have been using the Lotus all week - brill.
The mechanic loved it, but not a good time to sell when I can be using it myself.
Perhaps he can have it next year.

Next for the decorator!  

No comments: