Tuesday 9 July 2013

Still Summer - phew, what a scorcher!

As they would have said in "The Sun", had Andy not been all over the front, middle & back pages today, with special supplements in the broadsheets.
I don't have a paper any longer - one of life's economies - so watched an hour long programme about Andy, this evening, my only viewing.
Apparently, he is a very nice guy.
His training regime - 5 hours of fitness training a day - is gruelling.

I played tennis this am, not bad, but the lack of the 5 hour training session yesterday did tell!
Home for lunch then an intended pm in the garden.
As it was I sorted paperwork, organised my life into a series of files & made phone calls.

A call to BT re broadband resulted in an immediate offer of a £4 reduction from the monthly £32 charge. Further discussion resulted in a "best deal" of £13.25 per month +  £7  for all calls.
Certainly worth a call to your supplier.

Whilst I remember - M&S soft butter is pure butter, no veg oil, much nicer than the alternatives.
I am living on tomato & basil salad with cheese of some persuasion & eggs - chickens are now laying two a day, which are delicious - large & brown with beautiful yellow yolks, & lots of fruit.
I ate the whole gooseberry crop today - 24!

Dentist tomorrow am, shopping, lunch with Jan in Solihull, then a J & Th school pick up.
Sounds good.
Some furniture moving whilst I'm out, so an evening of tidying up seems likely, otherwise, the lawns??

Any ideas as to why I have no hot water, even though the boiler is coming on twice a day - I have resorted to the power shower in the guest room, dusty with dirty knees after gardening!
 

No comments: