Tuesday 23 July 2013

Eboraceum

The last time I used that title, the post had over 700 hits over the next few months - a lot of disappoited/bewildered folk planning a trip up North, I guess.
So, here we go again, confusing the potential tourists.....
both yeterday & today have been overcast with the sun only emerging at tea time, then being very warm.
Yesterday we planned to visit Malton, but got no further than Haxby, as the electrician came early on to replace the xpelair & then we found too many interesting shops en route.
I found a Laura Ashley wallpaper that I had chosen for the bedroom, on sale at the Monks Cross L A shop with 60% off.
Brill - 12 rolls purchased for £194 & the search on for peripheral stuff in the same pattern - Summer Palace.
I love it!
Then we had coffee next door in M&S.
Haxby is a lovely village with some beautiful houses & a really good feel.

We made up by going to Malton early this morning, aj had to work this afternoon.
We had a potter then aj dropped me in York to spend the afternoon,sale shopping, then back home - walked part way then caught a bus .
I have some great bargains & a good selection of books bought at the book fair on Sat, to take home.
Perhaps the hanging baskets won't need watering tonight!

No comments: