Thursday 25 July 2013

Home again

Back in Brum after a day out in Wetherby & Etwall.
Wetherby has some great small shops,  a Costa coffee & is a short drive from York, so a good place to stop for elevenses.
It has the best floral display I have seen - a mass of large pink & red geraniums, on the corner by the bus depot.
I had a potter & tried some posh frocks on  before setting off for Hanson's Auction House in Etwall, S Derbyshire - a 95 minute drive.
I viewed the sale which we are visiting tomorrow, at the suggestion of Charles Hanson, as Celebrity Bargain Hunt will be there, with the stars from "Strictly Come Dancing".
I left bids on 3 lots & have a card if I get carried away on the day.

The car was fully laden with things from aj & my shopping sprees.
It took a good half hour to empty, mainly due to the brass bedhead getting stuck.
Aj & I had difficulty angling it to go in.
Angling it to come out, on my own was almost impossible.
I was about to give up & have dinner when it just gave in & slid out - the power of prayer!

It has just started to rain very hard - good job as I forgot to water the hanging baskets, that Steve has looked after for me & which look fantastic.

No comments: