Thursday 18 July 2013

Hotter than Rome.

Amongst other places.
Apparently, our hottest weather since 2007 - it was very hot on Show day - last sat in July - in 2011, followed by the show being cancelled last year as the field was flooded.
Let's hope for a good day this year as I'm doing a bric-a-brac stall, which does really well as folk want something to do/spend their money on & we have some interesting stuff.

I spring-cleaned the laundry & porch this morning by default - I'd defrosted the freezer, then decided that it would be good to have the appliances out to clean behind them......
I meant to have an early start in the garden, but was then delayed until after lunch.
I did a lot of tidying up & put in 40 African marigolds & half a dozen perenials, but still far from finished.
I suppose that one of the joys of a garden is that there is always something to do.
In this garden there is always somewhere in the shade to work.

The chickens are laying two large eggs every day & following me around, scratching where I've just dug & dust bathing where I haven't.
Any suggestions?

We had a fund raising mtg here at 7.30pm.
I came in from the garden at 7.28pm & removed most of the dirt with a wet flannel before Jan, Keith & Michael arrived.
I've booked Charles Hanson for a "Valuation Lunch" in the village hall on Mon 28 Oct.
Should be fun.
I think I'll make cottage pies & green vegetables.....

The thing that went bump in the night was my tennis racquet onto the hall floor.
Why?
Must get more sleep tonight - falling asleep in an armchair is not good. 

No comments: