Friday 17 December 2010

What snow?

My parcel was delivered this morning, having waited in for most of the last two days, on a promise. Apparently, the driver took out 40 parcels each day & only delivered 20. There was me thinking that it had been delivered to Hollyland Cottages.
Anyway, that's another three ticks on the gift list.
I went to church this morning to clean/decorate ready for this weekend extravaganza. It does look very nice. I've made fairy cakes, so a splash of icing & the odd smartie & we're all set.
I hope that the snow doesn't keep people at home.
I've put cards on local noticeboards, to sell the travel cots - the low-tech version of e-bay!
I went on to Solihull to shop, quite successfully, & on to the gym, then home to cook dinner.

I'm quite well organised for Christmas, as far as planning to extend the dining table with the kitchen table, to seat 14 of us - now the grandchildren sit at the table, rather than high chairs.
One or two presents to get, wrapping to do & the fresh food to buy.
That will be a very early trip to M&S on Wednesday, whilst they have a selection of turkeys.
They open at 7.00am.
We have to source an affordable Christmas tree, perhaps a smaller one on a low table.
It was -3 degrees when I came home at 6.00pm, white over. It feels very cold.
Watch out for ice tomorrow.

No comments: