Tuesday 7 December 2010

And another one.

York was again the coldest place in the universe yesterday - -2 / -13 degrees. Copenhagen was a balmy 3 /-3 whilst B'ham was 0 / -5.
The countryside looks magical with the build up of frost on everything, which makes up for the cold to some extent. We have had the heating on for a couple of weeks now, with a big log fire from tea-time. The house is still cool apart from when you first come in.
I've been to Coleshill to post the cards to foreign parts & delivered a few cards nearer home.
I did a police-style chase from Coleshill crossroads to The Railway Inn, when Joyce from Lea Marston, turned in front of me. With tyres squealing I pursued her car until she parked up at The Railway, for a late lunch. I delivered the MU party invitation then sped off to catch a few more very senior citizens before they took their afternoon naps.
I have since iced three Christmas cakes, ironed, cooked & had a nap.
G has a dental appointment in Warwick tomorrow, to be sized up for his cap; we shall then go on to see JR, weather permitting - some snow is forecast in the East tonight.

"Young beautician of the year" is on TV. Four beauticians waxing the torsoes of four incredibly hirsute men, more like monkeys . Yuk!

I note that I'm not worthy of any comments.
Ah well.
Bed.

2 comments:

William said...

Oh how fascinating your blog is at the moment. I love to read about trips to Coleshill to post cards and the weather. I don't know how I'd manage without it.

Anonymous said...

Good.
I like to bring a little normality to you high-fliers, partying in the capitol, dining out, seeing Santa, etc.
m