Friday 3 December 2010

Three chocolates gone.

I have an Advent calendar for the first time, I think - a gift from G, so I have a nice little chocolate awaiting me.
It's been a Thomas day today.
He was at home, not very well, but did improve enough for a light lunch at McDonalds & a trip to the airport to take G for a plane to Amsterdam, for a party.
I hope that it all goes well & he can get back tomorrow.

I eventually got to Waitrose & collected my six free "Duchy all butter mince pies" , at a saving of £3.99 for six.
I have just eaten one & it was delicious.
This followed a bowl of homemade chicken soup & smoked mackeral with toast.
Scrummy.
I filled the car with diesel on the way home, at the second attempt.
JS had no diesel so I went on to the dreaded Tesco.
Apparently there may be a shortage because of the weather.

I am sitting in the lounge, alone, without having lit the fire as I don't want to spoil myself. The temperature this morning was -8 degrees, it was -3 when I drove home tonight, but tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.
I think we may have had enough of the cold now - I walked round to Shustoke School this morning & it was bitterly cold - my bowl of bird water froze solid quite quickly.

I may go to bed early, with a hotty. (I always have a hotty)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at www.gillselevenses.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
Jules

Anonymous said...

Why don't you have a nice warm drink - tea maybe instead of having your bird water freeze over.

Anonymous said...

I've got a mirror but it only ever shows me
Bird water is very good for you.
g

Anonymous said...

Duck wine ?