Wednesday 22 December 2010

A balmy day.

Not too much snow considering that it snowed all day.
.We had a busy weekend as the church had a festival weekend & was open, with refreshments, finishing with a lovely service of nine lessons & carols on Sunday evening, which I lead.
There was a good turnout.
We spent Monday at P & A's, being entertained by Jessie & Thomas, including sledging in the park.
Tuesday I shopped all day, in Solihull. Not too many people about because of the poor conditions on the roads; I had to park on the roof of the car park & paddle through inches of snow, ice & slush. Having secured a turkey & a mountain of vegetables, I relaxed into completing the shopping, even finding curtains for the back bedroom.We have been trying to find some, on & off, for years. G put the curtain pole up this morning, the curtains have keyholes & slot on. They look really good.
I have wrapped all of the presents, finished the bedrooms, extended the dining table to sit fourteen & put the cloth on.
All's well with the world, apart from the presents for B, E T & KP, which I have been unable to deliver because of the snow.

No comments: