Thursday 2 December 2010

Money for old rope.

School phoned at 7.50am; I was in bed at the time but managed to be at school by 8.35am, thanks to G defrosting the car & making me a flask of coffee.
I had a good morning in the maths department - two lessons with top year 11 & two with bottom year 9. Then the bombshell - it was snowing, there was snow on the road through Kingsbury which must therefore be dangerous, so we were closing.
I worked through lunchtime & until 2.55pm, supervising pupils & then cleared the snow of the car & drove home - clear roads, apart from Hollylands.
There were still about 60 pupils in school, awaiting collection when I left.
What a frustrating waste of time.
Anyway, another day's pay owed.

We drove around the villages delivering the invitations to the MU party, next Friday - not Man United, they have caterers in, but Mothers' Union, who don't.
Any ideas for the menu for afternoon tea for 20+, of a certain age?
It was -4 degrees, -10 forecast for tonight. Winter draws on.
A Thomas day tomorrow, following a visit to Shustoke School to discuss the Christmas weekend at Church. I have to fit in a visit to Waitrose to collect my free mince pies.
G is off to Amsterdam for a knees up, I think it was knees anyway, so I have the remote for the evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something soft but nothing that sticks dentures together. Soft rolls and soup, overcooked vegetables maybe and a nice bit of tongue?
W

Anonymous said...

Harsh.
Sponge cake rather than ginger nuts then.
m