Thursday 9 December 2010

Another crazy day.

I find myself in a cleft stick: I blog about my enjoyable days & am criticised for being boring.
Yesterday we went to Cambridge to see JR, after G went to the dentist to be measured for a cap to attach to the finely engineered posts in place of lower premolar 1 right.
JR is 86, he is always delighted to see us, but sorting his post, writing his Christmas cards & sorting gifts is not very exciting. We did have a good lunch at The Crown in Linton yesterday & a pretty neat fish pie & rice pudding, cooked on the Aga today.
We arrived home at 4.30pm today, since when I have spent nearly three hours in the hairdressers having foils, cut & blow-wave.
I am pleased with results & am now prepared to face the Mothers' Union at tomorrow's tea-party - scones, sausage rolls, banana & coffee cakes to be made in the morning & tables laid.
Should I make sandwiches as well?

G is doing odd jobs & planning his "belated, constricted gap year".

What about these students?
Tonight they have attacked the Prince of Wales & Camilla, on their way to the theatre, following a day of student violence & vandalism.
Surely taxpayers must question whether supporting these young people is a good use of their hard-earned money.

2 comments:

William said...

That's better but I am not sure about a banana and coffee cake.

Anonymous said...

It was delicious.
m