Tuesday 30 November 2010

Happy St Andrew's Day.

G did his husbandly duty today, having avoided it since last Christmas.
He won't leave it that long again as it has taken most of the day & he got through six pairs of rubber gloves, added to that, the new wonder oven cleaner was nowhere near as good as the tried & tested one.
I did the only rational thing & went shopping, aiming to use all of my money off vouchers.
I started at Tesco in Knowle, using my £2 off voucher. I did not come out in an "anti- Tesco" rash & rediscovered a "real bakers" shop & bought real bread - we ate rosemary & raisin foccacia for dinner. It was delicious.
I used Telegraph vouchers in Lakeland & East, did M&S & used more vouchers in JS.
I had to return two bars of G&B butterscotch chocolate, which had a peculiar taste, to JS.
They refunded much more than I had paid as I only buy chocolate on special offer, & only eat it, in fact, if there is a "d" in the day.
I also shoplifted a silver polishing cloth, in error, as it had fallen between my shopping bags & I didn't find it until I unloaded tie shopping into the car.
I'm waiting for a knock at the door!

People were wittering on about the snow & getting home early. The shops were quite quiet.
Actually , there was hardly any snow, the roads were fine, apart from the lanes & the temperature was 0 degrees for most of the day.
People need to wear warm clothes, hats & gloves & get on with it, so there.
So many of our public buildings are too hot.
Why don't shops turn down the thermostat & put the staff in fleeces as the shoppers are wrapped up warmly & re too warm when in a shop.
Th kids were taking their blazers off in school on Tuesday when it was -2 degrees outside.
Ridiculous.
We must all give B thermal underwear for Christmas, or does he have some that he has overlooked?
I had coffee & cake in M&S today & made a nice rice pudding for dinner.
It's been a good day.
Spellcheck changes "foccacia" into "acacia". Strange. Is it misspelled?

No comments: