Friday 26 November 2010

Leave no leaves!

G cleared leaves this morning whilst I visited a friend in a warm house & visited Shustoke School, to sort out arrangements for Christmas.
I had intended to drive to Kenilworth to shop & look in Waitrose, but when the paper arrived it advertised a coupon in tomorrow's paper for a free box of Duchy mince pies, at Waitrose.
I was obviously intended to go tomorrow.
I came home, got some lunch on & cleared leaves for well over an hour, to earn a pass-out for tomorrow.
I have since ironed the two loads of washing that I did this morning, prepared Sunday's sermon, cooked the dinner & watched "Foyles War".
Joan Collins just appeared briefly, being interviewed by that awful Piers Morgan.
She is 76 & looks terrific.

I went to Bicester on Wednesday evening & spent yesterday with KP, which was fun.
We walked to Bicester Village for lunch & a little light shopping, then home for a nice cup of tea.
I went to St Peter's church in Hall Green for 6.30pm, 6.40pm actually, to renew my Reader's Licence. The drive along the Stratford road, when I was already late, was horrendous & the church was totally hidden up a long drive.
Even the SATNAV gave up on it.
The church was empty & in darkness, more panic, until I spotted a very small congregation in a side - chapel.
All legal & above board again!

Some fantastic deals on Travelzoo, for those who need a holiday.
I'm too busy, or is that poor?

Snow on the way -wrap up warm & wear a hat.

No comments: