Wednesday 30 April 2008

Where's the cuckoo?


Today is the last day of April.
By this time we are usually woken in the mornings by a cuckoo.
There is plenty of birdsong from an early hour, but, as yet, no cuckoo.
Are they voting with their wings in disgust at the weather/the government/ the state of the economy...........?
I think that I fell asleep before I blogged last night - blame Thomas!
We had a charmed day, despite the rain & even managed a couple of hours in the garden in the afternoon, between showers.

A robin kept us company, to Thomas's delight, &, along with the local moggy & passing traffic, caused us to converse for most of the time.
We had soup followed by jacket potatoes filled with bacon & mushrooms for dinner, in order to empty the fridge.
A word of warning - Covent Garden smoked bacon & pearl barley soup (bought by G)
It looks as though it has already been partially digested, brown & thick & lumpy.

Today I went to the gym & then parked at Morrison's, had tea & a scone in M&S & shopped in Solihull.
I bought a pretty perforated little dish by Hartley Green & co, Leeds, in the charity shop, for 95p. I have learnt a little about it from Google - it is known as leedsware.
Anyone know any more?
This isn't it, but a small HG& co dish.
I had to shop at Morrison's as I had parked there, it was disappointing - there was quite a lot of specific goods that they did not have - kleenex, L'oreal hairspray, yorkshire decaf tea, shreddies.........
Back to Sainsburys next time.

A nice bit of haddock for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Ken Morrison is keeping all the Yorkshire tea in Yorkshire for those who recognize a good cup of tea. You must travel to Yorkshire with your piece of Leeds creamware pottery, which is the secret sign to allow you to purchase Yorkshire tea in abundance.If you had made the staff of Morrisons aware of your prior pottery purchase they might have made a special dispensation and granted you some of the perfectly perforated product.

Anonymous said...

No chance.
They would not have recognised my prize pot, I fear.
I have been to JS today & all of my shopping dreams have come true, right down to som good BOGOFs!