Sunday 13 April 2008

Ikea & elephants.

On the promise of my first ever visit to Ikea, we went to Coventry on Saturday morning to collect W's car from the adjacent car park, where G left it on Friday night.
We had coffee, spent £3.45 in the store & rather more in the food shop - interesting, but not aimed at the likes of us.
Not knowing where we were & seeing a familiar church spire we went for a short walk & found ourselves in the city centre, headed for the Belgrade Theatre & bought tickets for the evening performance of "Elephant" - a UK/S. African production of song & dance with "enough charm to stop a rhino".



We drove home, G arriving before me as I took a detour into the Ikea car park (kind young man moved the bollards & let me out) & a number of suburbs before finding Coundon & the way home.
I always found Coventry confusing!
I spoke to Ann at length in the afternoon - I was wrong, she does not have a big birthday until 2009 - we caught up on the news, & I finished today's sermon - The Good Shepherd.
Ask me anything you like about shepherding in Judaea.


We went back to Coventry to the theatre, which was very good & then to Spon Street for an excellent Indian meal.
We were surprised at how quiet Spon St was when we arrived at about 10.00pm; it did not disappoint by the time we had eaten it was heaving with clubbers, many scantily clad for a chilly evening!

Today, I took Morning Prayer at Sh & OW, G cleaned gutters. After a bowl of soup, we spent the afternoon in the garden tidying up & moving mole hills.
A good weekend altogether, although G still has a tummy bug - the curry did not prove to be a cure!
I made some rock cakes to "tempt him".


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can the Judean sheep formations you photographed be seen from space ?
It is good form to congratulate someone on their 70th birthday when they are only 69 ? (there must be a joke there somewhere >)
Is this a definition of irony ? Tempting someone with a stomach bug with rock cakes ?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps celebrating the 70th year is good enough. Congratulations for reaching 69 might be misinterpreted!

Anonymous said...

Elephants and rock buns - who are you kidding?

William said...

I haven't eaten a rock cake in years

Anonymous said...

I think that the sheep may actually be welsh as I didn't specify Judaea to Google & it does look a little welsh to me.
Sorry, Ann.
I knew that it was WRM + 10, he is 59.
What went wrong?
69 at any age!
The rock buns are scrummy - I'll make some when I'm over - a lot easier than hot x buns!
m/g

Anonymous said...

By the way, I hope that you spotted that it was G's ticket - saved £3 just for experience.
The girl in the box office did express great surprise, fortunately G had his fake passport with dob.
I explained that I had married an older man.
g