Tuesday 1 April 2008

Happy Birthday George.

Thomas today. He was his usual fun self, ate drank gurgled, cuddled, kicked & slept(briefly)
Alongside this, the gas man came to give a quote for a new, condensing boiler.
This involved counting the radiators(3 times, as he kept forgetting), measuring the house by putting his mobile phone on walls here & there, & counting the number of motorised valves.
To do this necessitated removal of a panel in the kitchen ceiling & several phone calls to G & Ben. Gas man couldn't see the valves from the airing cupboard or the hole in the kitchen ceiling.
G, Ben & I all guessed that we were a two valve household, so he did a quote for one & two.
He left after an hour & a half, stressed; it took half an hour to clear up.

British Gas phoned shortly afterwards to ask why we had left them after 20+ years.

A gas man is coming tomorrow to mend the boiler clock hat was replaced two weeks ago, two weeks after having been mended.
I think that British Gas may be getting their own back by keeping me housebound for weeks on end.
The guy on the phone thought that this was unlikely.

Tonight P & A came to dinner to celebrate G's birthday, which we enjoyed.
The birthday cake was a banana cake , for a change & we ate a lot of fish.
G's cards seemed to have an ageist theme.
Fancy!



Yesterday I did paperwork, the gym & shopping in Solihull.
I decided that fruit from Morrisons was disappointing so I parked at M&S & shopped both there & in Sainsburys, who do pay for 2 hours parking if you spend £25.
No problem there.
I fell asleep before I could blog - sorry.

I still have to book a holiday cottage, Dorset or Devon, 4 bedrooms, near the beach.
Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have immediately put a hat on my boiler, even though it is condescending. ajen

Anonymous said...

Of course, the boiler doesn't like the new hat & is reacting accordingly.
I have now put the "Princess Royal trilby" from M&S sale on the clock & expect a favourable response!
Perhaps the gas man will bring a selection of "titfers"
g