Monday 14 April 2008

Ready for anything....



Not a lot to report, did the Times Travel Magazine comp, hung the washing out (that took a degree of faith ), vacuumed the house from top to bottom & then went to the gym.

I did the full work out, 10 minutes in the spa pool as it was vacant & it is very relaxing.
A quick trip to Solihull to take things to the Charity shop then tea & the obligatory scone in M&S


I bought 3 "count on us" diet meals (for the price of two), prawn crackers(BOGOF) & came home.
The mole had made one large & 5 small mole hills overnight, all on the bald patches where we had cleared the other mole hills yesterday.
When I went to get the washing in he was just digging a seventh hill so I attacked violently with a pitchfork then listened carefully for the sound of mole laughter (a little like mouse laughter only more throaty)
I could never attack a terranian animal in this way, but this appears to be a victimless crime & this beast has made us suffer.
Time will tell if I need to consult my conscience.(mole hill count tomorrow)

I then raked the grass & leaves off the top lawn - G had mown it without the collector for the first cut - because of G's terms of endearment as he left for work, "if you want some exercise you can......."
Fortunately there was a downpour after an hour so I could retreat to make a cup of tea.
I took G to the NEC so that he could enjoy an evening of fine food, good company & entertainment, then drove home to eat my diet meal, a glass of sauvignon blanc & fell asleep.
There's a little ironing to do before bed, now I have my "second wind".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joy of the scented waft.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hear if you had success with the mole hunting this time.
MK

Anonymous said...

No I did not.
I reckon that he wears a little crash helmet.
There is a new large mole hill today & probably a number of small ones I dare say if I went up & had a closer look.
I will phone "Mr Mole" & get him to bring in the artillary.

I will not lower myself to respond to comment 1, aj.
g