Thursday 10 April 2008

A good drying day.



Another lazy day, full of good intentions.
Yesterday I bought the Sunday Times travel magazine - an indulgence at £3.40 - which had three competitions, one of which could be entered on line.
I made the poor decision to log on shortly after breakfast & then spent most of the morning on line.

I did learn that Bali has four lakes & that Lake Bratan has caves along the banks, dug out & lived in by Japanese during World War 11. (comp 2)

Otherwise, I did loads of washing which dried beautifully on the line so that I could iron it all & replace/put it away& cleaned upstairs
I ventured to Coleshill. The car thermometer said that it was 13C - it was certainly much colder in the open, with a cold wind - the snowman hasn't yet all melted.
I would like it to warm up now.
G has a bad stomach & has suggested that last night's dinner poisoned him, despite the fact that we both ate exactly the same & I'm fine.
He has refused to eat tonight & gone to bed early!
I think that most gastric problems are caused by putting dirty fingers in your mouth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the cause of world war 11?

Ben

Anonymous said...

I think it was the germans hanging their washing on the Maginot Line.

I don't believe it ! my dustbin which disappeared after the last collection day has reappeared this morning, full of rubbish, outside my house. Unfortunately cannot take the day off to see if it goes again. Can only say they use motor oil and eat crunchy nut cornflakes. jen ..... the mystery continues

William said...

I've made comments about references to WW 11 here before.
Were there any peppers in the meal or was it simply an excuse to spend the evening on the throne?

Anonymous said...

Ben, I believe that it was Germany invading Poland, but, before my time.

On Wed, we had salad with lardons & croutons, cod steaks with new potatoes &runner beans, all freshly made, then yoghurt - not a pepper in sight.
G refused food on Thurs.
He's at Coombe Abbey tonight, I shall have a salad & watch a "Miss Marple".

Good news there about the dust bin, Jen.
m/g