Saturday 5 April 2008

Hi-jacked!

G is now a blogger!
Friday, I worked my socks off cleaning & polishing everything in sight & then went to Kenilworth to shop, for a change. It's a pleasant drive & about the same distance as Solihull with nice little shops & a good Sainburys with free parking.
JS had sent G a "burthday present" of a voucher for a box of chocolates, again, which I collected. Why don't they send me a pressie for my birthday since I'm the customer - G never darkens their doors.
We went to "Cineworld" in Solihull & saw "Vantage Point" - an attempted assassination of the US President seen from a number of vantage points.
Good, not great.
We had a portion of fish & chips from Coleshill on the way home as G was not hungry (I was!), consumed with a bottle of chardonnay.
I liked Cineworld, G did not.
It is like a small Star city but less threatening, with an integral car park.

Saturday, we went to Solihull for G's appointment at D & A (opticians). I had half an hour to shop then we went to Bromsgrove to collect a part from Paul Matty, for the lotus.
G was so long in the spares department that I sold two elises whilst I was waiting for him.
Could this be a new career?
I was considering becoming a central heating installer as I find that I have a natural bent for boilers & valves - last weeks episodes involving British Gas were highlights of my retirement.

B,E T &KP arrived at tea-time.
B was delighted with his apple peeling & coring machine that we brought back from Denmark.
B & E went out for a romantic dinner, we had shepherds pie on the settee, followed by coffee cake.
G has a sore thumb from over-use of the Powerball. I hope that his muscles build up with some haste otherwise life could get ugly.
He is encouraging me to "have a go".
I think that two sore thumbs in the house is enough for one weekend!
A big family Sunday lunch tomorrow;; well - hung ribs of beef.
I may ask B to make the yorkshire pudding as his are brilliant, much better than mine, of late.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is George having a laugh ? He's played with his powerball so much, his thumbs are sore but it hasn't affected his eyesight, not to mention his impenetrable karmic positions with designated stopping places.

William said...

sounds like a nice weekend

W

Anonymous said...

What?
This is too clever for me.
Must be aj!
g