Thursday 9 April 2015

One swallow..........

does not a summer make, so said Aristotle
I'm not sure, but I think that The bird that swooped across the drive this morning was a swallow.
Convinced enough to open the top stable door to give access to their usual nesting site.
It has certainly been another lovely day but cooling down now.
M and M came to lunch - baked gammon, mashed potato, broad beans and cauliflower cheese, followed by lemon sponge and creme fraiche.
K arrived earlier with eggs as the chicks only managed one; I made a fruit cake as a reward, whilst the oven was hot.
We spent much of the afternoon drinking coffee in the conservatory and putting the world to rights.
Lots of birds in and out too the hedges so nests galore, I hope.

A very peaceful day, but little ticked off the list.
I shall start on Sunday's sermon - Doubting Thomas, I believe.
He refused to accept what he had not seen, but could it have been partly truculence because he hadn't been there with the other disciples to witness the Risen Christ?
Who knows?

No comments: