Wednesday 15 April 2015

Manifestos galore

By some failure in routine, the chicks were left in the laying box all day yesterday until I arrived home at 7.00pm. The y dashed out for food, not water, to my surprise.
To make up for this, I let them out as soon as it was light today, before 6.00am.
I hung out the washing and took a cup of tea back to bed and read - I'm re-reading "Bring up the Bodies" by Hilary Mantel, the sequel to "Wolf Hall".
Two of the most gripping, well-written books I've ever read.
Unfortunately, I lost track of time and wasn't up until nearly 11.00am - not a good start to an intended gardening day.
E mails, e bay and meter reading took up the rest of the morning, then lunch, phone calls............
By the time I'd ironed and put the lovely fresh linen back on the bed, it was 8.00pm and time for supper.
A culinary revelation - scrambled eggs on toast buttered with proper Yeo organic butter, bought by W in Wales.
It was delicious.
Forget the spreadable Lurpak - it's not in the same league and only has the benefit of spreading straight from the fridge or in a cold kitchen in the winter.
I opened a large pack of smoked salmon two days ago and have been eating it for every meal since.
Not complaining.

Only Nick Clegg made any sense today.
What is the point of a manifesto of a party unlikely to get more than a handful of seats.
Anything can be included as it will never come to pass.
What is the name of the UKIP party leader in waiting as Nige may not win Thanet South?

Tomorrow I will garden - I should be in bed finishing my book but "The Last Days of Ann Boleyn" is on "Yesterday" with HM, David Starkey and a ll other TV historians.
Gripping!

No comments: