Tuesday 26 February 2013

Eyes right!

Today has been a day of mixed fortunes. This morning I was awake early, did the ironing, of which there is very little, then tried to get going on my sermon for Fiday evening - Womans' World day of Prayer. The country this year is France & the subject is "welcoming a stranger". I had thought that the French were not too good at it; apparently, I am wrong. I am trying to convince myself of that, which makes writing the sermon hard work. I went to the opticians - a slight improvement since 2010 & healthy, which is good. I went on to warwick to Tollbar to get the Volvo electrics sorted out. There was no problem with the electrical systems - one of the bulbs had blown & the key battery produced only 2.8 Volts, the warning comes on at <3 V. The two bulbs + battery, no labour costs payable, came to £69!!!! To add insult to injury, I misread the parking sign in Warwick & got a ticket - another £25!!!! Good job I'm on a diet. Aj has written me one of her amazing poems for my sermon - she takes commissions, just put requests on "comments". Two eggs today, which helps to redress the balance on the day - I can now make JR a cake for his 89th birthday on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eboratum now up to 106!
Amazing.
g

William said...

you've got a hacker