Sunday 17 February 2013

Spring - almost.

Spring is on the way - light at 7.15am & not dark until almost 6.00pm tonight & the temperature reached at least a balmy 7 degrees this afternoon. Perhaps this will encourage the chickens to start laying regularly. I've kept busy today - toSh for communion then on to NW to take the service. I went on to Ventura Park to see if I was deserving of something new to wear, but I wasn't gripped, so had a cup of tea & a scone, bought some vegetables & came home. As it was such a lovely afternoon I went for a walk - delivered a few fliers about the Lent course that starts tomorrow evening & collected the litter around the block & through the village. I met quite a few interesting people en route, including the Tyler's middle-aged son, a rather strange chap, who walked part of the way with me, on his way to walk back to Bacon's End. I've made the beds & cleaned through - you could eat off the dowstairs floors although nobody is lokely to want to, as W informed me, many years ago. That's as may be, but being organised is relaxing & have important visitors tomorrow - J & Th for a couple of days & a sleepover (half-term) & hopefully, a few people here for the Lent course, in the evening. I've made the carrot cake, but used olive oil in place of vegetable oil & fear that it may have too strong a flavour. How can I taste it befor icing with soft cheese icing? I'll make another cake & fatten the chickens with this one if it's awful. Just watching "Flog it" from Coventry, sale at bigwoods - not the one we went to, but interesting, even without us!

2 comments:

William said...

It should be dry cream crackers and water for the lent course.

Good luck saving the souls of the parish, I hope that you feel that it is a worthwhile use of your time, then that's OK.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear.
I am not saving souls - it is the opportunity to consider/discuss issues related to faith - love, tonight - an interesting, enjoyable evening.
8 came - 7 have given up other things, so there.
Glad you're all home safely.
m