Monday 4 February 2013

The Huntchback of Leicester.

We're just watching a documentary about the finding of the skeleton of Richard 111 under a council car park in Leicester. Obviously, this wasn't a car park in his day, when he was killed at the battle of Bosworth Field in ...., but a friary, where it had long been rumoured that he was buried. I did Richard 111 for GCE English many years ago, learning many of his speeches - Shakespeare gave him a very bad press, evil & calculating, murderer of the two princes in the tower. He's now to be buried in Leicester cathedral, opposite the car park - take him across in a wheelbarrow! I can't beleive that I did yesterday's blog this morning - no wonder I was tired! I had a nap & started again after watching "Exotic Hotel Marigold", then bed. I played tennis this morning (cold with intermittent wind, rain & sun in your eyes),made lunch & then went to Solihull to pick up Th & J from school. I walked the length of the Stratfourd rd - The Golden mile", whilst G went to B & Q - the joys of DIY shops! I cooked tea, chatted, played - G was taught a wifi game byTh (Th won!), then home. We've had a nice dinner, mainly from the freezer - olives, prawns & ciabbata, salmon with palmentier potatoes & mange tout & a bottle of white rioja. I've just finished G's ironing & mending (buttons) & now only have some e-mails to deal with. Here goes.....

No comments: