Saturday 23 February 2013

.Eboratum

Snow forecast & the coldest weekend of the year! I hope that it's not too severe or the journey home tomorrow may be slow. Having an action packed break - walked into York on Thursday, shopped, had lunch with Jamie, then walked half way home (aj's, not Brum) before hopping on a bus, as it stopped as I was at a bus stop. I made the mistake of standing well to the right & holding onto the door stop, as I waited to alight - the door opened, trapping my foot & handbag behind the door. We all laughed, I extricated myself & added buses to my list of technical contraptions, best avoided. Yesterday we went to "The Fleece" at Rillington, near Malton, for our Travelzoo, 5 course taster menu. It took nearly two hours & was very good = chhoose two of each course & both have a small portion of each - three main courses = pheasant, pork & duck. Pottered around Malton, then home. Later we babysat little Lily so J & J could have an evening out (use the Yesco vouchers at Cafe Rouge, where aj & I ate on Wed) She kept us awake & was very happy as long as she was on the move, cuddled & talked/crooned to - no problem there! A Focus Group on energy (electricity, not personal, I believe) at New Earswick, lunch included & remuneration given - I hope the room is warm.

No comments: