Friday 1 March 2013

Home sweet home.

Just in from chuirch - Women's World Day of Prayer, preaching on immigration in France. There was a good turnout & I chatted to folk afterwards, some I knew + some I didn't. At last I met "Jane the hairdresser", who I have heard spoken of for many years - a lovely lady. I was up at 7.30am to finish my address before JR was about. In fact he didn't surface until 9.30am, needing help to get dressed. We had a good day, I left after lunch, at 2.30pm to avoid the Fri crush - didn't quite manage that, but not too bad. Yesterday was JR's 89th birthday - we had tea & birthday cake with a fair few people, invited or dropped in, & visited Mary, with the cake. I had to break it to JR, yet again, that his parents were no longer of this mortal coil - his dad dead for 37 years, mum for 23 years. I pointed out that at 89 his parents would be very elderly! T & I had an adventure on Wed, after school - it involved tea at Pret & shopping at Tesco, then checking my e-mails - he loves to have a little time without KP. Too slow shutting the chickens in - outside light came on & they were out, eating. I had to stand still for 5 minutes until the light went off again & then wait until they decided they were satiated & noticed that it was dark. Small brains, chickens!

No comments: