Thursday 14 March 2013

Glitzy Bits.

The long-awaited day has arrived - Glitzy Bits are coming to display their wares at my Coffee & Cakes morning. I gather that these wares includes jewellery, purses, handbags, scarves & the like.I am quivering with anticipation, whilst I prepare to finish the cakes - banana, coffee, brownies, gingerbread, fruit & victoria sandwich. The house is ready & the heating on everywhere - it's - 4 degrees this morning! Bright & beautiful, but very cold. Yesterday was a little sad; t he chickens came to see us as we went out mid-morning to do some jobs at church & buy a tray of eggs from Andrews, for an afternoon of baking. When we got home there was a note from Steve that he had put one in as it looked ill. It was dead! I phoned Andrews to see if they could let me have another two - one bird on its own would be very cold overnight, not to mention lonely (I am surmising there, but they do keep together, except when laying) I popped up & collected them at dusk, popped them all in the box together & all seems well - I've let them into the run with a full feed hopper, a handfull of corn & some warm water. They'll have to stay in the run for a few days so they get used to laying (hopefully) in the laying box. G went to see M yesterday to stay over - he knows what he's missing! I see that it was a low of -9 degrees in CPH yesterday. Beat that.

3 comments:

William said...

Do they do vagazzles? ( u think that's how it's spelled)
It was -12 according to the car yesterday morning in Ringsted, only -2 today though but snow everywhere still.

Anonymous said...

saving the warm weather for easter. -4 here first thing
m

Anonymous said...

Is that some sort of intimate bling?
Better on the pert than the danglies.