Tuesday 10 January 2012

The shopping that wasn't shopping.

We woke up late this morning - I read an article about sleep in G's "Christmas pressie from aj book on ageing".
Apparently, sleep patterns change as you get older - shorter cycles of sleep, so you wake up during the night & then start again.
It's a treat to sleep in, as long as there's nothing important to get up for (unlikely).

After breakfast & a few odd jobs whilst G loaded tip stuff in the boot, we went to........the tip, then on to Solihull, where I was dropped off for a shopping experience whilst G & Peter went on to more exciting things, & lunch.
Time flies when you're shopping - I only had time to do J Lewis, East, Lakeland & M&S, dumping the food in M&S as the queues were ridiculous.
I bought ......an ironing board cover.

G&P dropped me off at J's school to do the usual pick up (dash to pick up Th, then home)
We had a "Bruce tea" (I'm having fish tonight), followed by blackcurrant & cassis mousse - the lengths I go to with my Aga hand whisk!

I can't do a single clue in the Telegraph crossword - one fewer than yesterday.
Either the setter or I live in a parallel universe.

Culture - Dickens & British musicals on BBC 4 all night - presently Matt Lucas in Les Mis.
Better than WW1 & 11 / battleships / Top Gear / Have I got very old repeated News for You......
Time for bed, said Zebedee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shorter sleep cycles give extra opportunities for getting up and getting a cup of tea and a chockie biscuit, before settling down for an historical prog on beeb 2 in the middle of the night. I try watching tv in the evening, but it all seems to be fat people trying to run across fields, both useless and boring, but better than counting sheep for sending one to sleep.

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea - run acro a field - cheap, fresh air & good for the body & soul.
We should do "Bargain Hunt".
g