Wednesday 4 January 2012

Day off - Daze out.

Yesterday J & Th came to entertain us as the weather was too bad to go out.
We played Lego Champion, my Christmas present from W & MK, made a road system, built a shoebox garage & made biscuits and cakes, for tea.
They did a good job & we slept well last night!

Today we had no commitments, so decided on a day out, following G's visit to the dentist, in Warwick.
I had a potter whilst G was numbed & drilled, then we drove to the Cotswolds, eventually having a light lunch at  a country pub, then on to Banbury.
It's been a clear day, but cold & grey. The countryside looks very neat & tidy as we have had so little frost to make the plants get bedraggled.

We have even eaten healthily - soup for lunch & fish with vegetables for dinner - I really didn't like the bathroom scales this morning!
We need to get  some more exercise - G has been clearing leaves & gutters - the green gym.
You don't get a lot of exercise cooking & washing up, really, vacuuming's the best bet, but not allowed when G is in residence, due to the noise.

Tomorrow we are clearing the church of Christmas trees, a little early, but convenient.
G's taking his chain saw to devastate the large tree before removal!  

I am cancelling the KS reunion on Friday due to half of those invited being unable to attend & the other half not having replied.
Why should I have to contact them again to cancel, when they haven't contacted me.
Can I just leave it & go to the pictures -  "The Iron Lady" comes out on Friday?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seeing the trailers I realise I have a blue Maggie blazer in the wardrobe. Perhaps the cinema will be filled with Maggie fans dressed as tribute groupies.

Gill said...

I intend to wear blue 7 take my handbag.
g