Monday 23 January 2012

Happy Mondays.

G has gone out so I have the house to myself & can do what I always do in such circumstances.
Vacuum. Upstairs this time.
It's a good day, despite being cold.
The cloud even cleared for an hour or so - we played tennis all morning, home for lunch & I have just visited the Almshouses to have a chat & offer transport as we have a meeting with the residents this evening.

I have been on my diet for a week & have lost over 4 lb & am feeling a little lighter & pleased with myself.
G had lost 3lb by Saturday, I haven't heard today's judgement - I think he forgot.
Anyway, there must be half a stone of vapourised fat somewhere in the vicinity.

We had a quiet day yesterday, I took the services at Sh & OW, after a light lunch we walked around the reservoir, with Milly, the winds having dropped a little by then.
We had dinner & watched "Birdsong", which G has read & enjoyed.
It seems to be the meanderings of a selfish young man who lacks compassion & social skills. Perhaps part 2 will put it into context.
I still have w/e papers to read - The Sat Telegraph has an article "Forget London, Brum has it all"
I'm not convinced, but will save it for guests to read.
Dyson, here I come!

1 comment:

William said...

It's not a bad book, but I think your assessment is probably about right. I think it's one of those that you enjoy for the writing more than the story so it could easily become a rather tedious film/tv series