Thursday 5 January 2012

Coleshill 54 mph gales.

I'm sure that it was more than that outside the church - nearly blew me & the doormats away!
We spent the morning there with Maurice & three friends, removing the Christmas trees & clearing up the mess.
Thanks to the ambient temperature of something a little above freezing, apart from an hour or so on Sundays, the trees hung on to their needles very well.
The giant tree didn't manage so well, having been sawn into pieces for removal.
When we came home, Hollylands was blocked by a large tree blown down by the cottage - men from the Council & the Estate removed it later.
There have been lots of trees down & electricity cables in the Midlands & Coleshill one of the windiest places.
G swept up leaves, using the wind to help, whilst I took the few decorations down & tidied away all of the stuff brought back from Church.
Jan popped in for a chat later.
Shall I teach some chemistry &, perhaps, biology at Solihull college?
They are desperate for a chemist, apparently, & I am expecting a call.
Other staff have walked out/failed to take up appointments, which sounds ominous.

I understand that Diane Abbott loves to "divide & rule"!

We have just watched "Eternal Law" set in York.
I don't think I understood it - angels/fallen angels turned barristers?
I think that they rearranged the geography somewhat & filmed early in the day as the shop shutters were still up.

No comments: