Wednesday 25 January 2012

Rabbie Burns, born 25 Jan. 1759.

We've had our traditional Burn's night supper with a traditional M&S haggis.
It was different than previously, but quite delicious.
I only regret that we didn't invite some friends to share it.

We slept late & wasted much of the morning, so I went to the gym this afternoon to get some exercise - the gym manager phoned on Monday to tell me that I could have two months free membership, starting immediately - an agreement made last year as G was going to be away for 4 months of his membership.
I had intended to go on to MG & Bicester, bearing haggis & swede, but couldn't make contact with  anyone, so gave up & came home & cooked our haggis, instead.
G is busy with paperwork, looking for it, mainly & burning the excess.

I stopped in Knowle & bought a nightie from the posh swimsuit & nightie shop, ready for my hols (W says it will not be warm)
It's really nice - pink & white stripes, with long sleeves.
I found that Tesco do not sell haggis.
Charlatans!
I did hear the assistant relate to someone senior that he'd been asked for haggis about ten times today.
It probably wouldn't have been very nice anyway.

I'm ready for my wee dram now - I'm trying to enjoy "The Crusades", but it's heavy going.
A Drambuie may help.

What should I do to prepare for the quiz on Friday?
AJ will know the answers, but I'd like to know something really obscure.

2 comments:

William said...

make coffee and sandwiches? (for the quiz that is!)

Gill said...

No. I am a paying guest this time.
Choose a bottle of wine to keep aj going?
m