Thursday 18 August 2011

Spotted Dick fondue.

PS. I  forgot the culinary delight/high spot/discovery of the decade.
Some years ago I bought a green enamel Le Cruset fondue set, following a visit to W in Grenoble, returning home via Geneva, where we had a typical Swiss meal, in a restaurant built to look like a typical Swiss home .
I daresay that we were the only couple in Geneva eating fondue in a fake Swiss chalet!
I may be wrong.
We stayed in a comfy hotel in the red light district, booked for us by W.
An interesting visit, all in all.

Anyway, the fondue was so good that I bought a fondue set some time later.
We used it once - highly calorific & lots of cheeses needed -  since when it has been taking up too much room in a kitchen cupboard.

On Wed, in the pudding frenzy, I had used my large pudding basin for a creme caramel & needed another for the spotted dick.
The fondue basin was perfect, a lovely shape & the handles make it easy to lift out of the saucepan when you steam a pudding.
At last it can earn it's place in the cupboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall immediately look for a fondu set in which to cook puddings !

William said...

Hmmm spotted dick and custard...

Anonymous said...

This is the reaction that I had hoped for - as regular readers of my blog will appreciate, I try to be a trend setter!

Spotted dick with Danish rice pud, ice cream & cream actually.
The sp is greatly improved by pouring golden syrup over just before serving - thank God I managed to eat all of the left overs yesterday & can start eating sensibly again today.
m

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have a lot of things in the cubbard, but suddenly they have a use- try to use redwine and boile same meat.... fondue bourgognione, that is good....
t

Anonymous said...

Sounds tremendous - a Danish/Swiss take on a French favorite?
g