Thursday 25 August 2011

Happy Birthday aj!

I'm not changing my age for a while now, as this will save me thinking about it.
I am now officially 58 & sticking!
I spoke to aj at midnight - she answered almost as coherently as she does earlier in the day.
This was good going as she had eaten an entire M&S family size chicken pie  (with veg) for her dinner.
She ate one half, fell asleep, then, remembering how good it had been, she ate the other half.
Not bad for a 57 year old!
I had a great day yesterday, so I shall revert to that for my b'day, if today's not so good.
I was out early, photocopied posters at church, played tennis in the sunshine for a couple of hours, trailed around the shops in Coleshill to get the posters displayed, then went to Solihull & Knowle , to finish the wine & cheese shopping.
W suggests that this must be pretty straightforward &, as usual, he's right.
We have 8 cheeses, 6 wines,3 non alcoholic drinks, water, 5 different breads,4 types of biscuit, 2 types of olives, 3 chutneys, oil/balsamic, sun-dried tomatoes & grapes.
Have we forgotten anything?
I'm sorting out plates & knives for 70, along with cheese boards, bread baskets & dishes.

I had coffee in M&S, bought a new straw hat in the sale &had a wonderful chocolate in Hotel Chocolat, where I went to buy a gift for Lady D.
Life can't get much better.
Jan & Chris came to dinner, we had spatchcock chicken, a bottle of bubbly pinot noir, put in the mystery case we bought at Laithwaites, & a coffee birthday cake, with candles, for Chris, whose b'day was on 22 Aug.

AS I was up late/early I sneaked downstairs & opened the mysterious present from W & MK, J & DK.
I am now the proud owner of a brilliant pair of flowery Hunter wellies.
these will be my "indoor wellies", worn to impress, & to keep my feet dry, of course.
Many thanks - they're great.

Off to start my day - O & the twins sang "Happy Birthday" to me, over the phone, which was lovely & had me in tears.
Us 58 year olds!

Spellcheck doesn't!like this blog.

8 comments:

William said...

Happy Birthday!
They are limited Royal Horticultural Society Wellies!

If the size is wrong, let me know I am sure we can sort it out

Have a nice day
W

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you !!! and all the best wishes for your new year.
b & t

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
It has been a quiet day, despite plans for a day out.
Planning a visit soon.
g

Anonymous said...

Needless to say it was in fact far from a quiet day! It ws spend in consistent preparation for tomorrow's event. It did take most if thge day and evening but should at least make for a rather less frenetic day tomorrow.
The Simple wine and cheese has become a complicated and indulgent exercise trying to please all with all the complexity that brings. This is a twice a decade event now made essential as St Cuthberts in in deficit and sliding backwards. Gill is almost single handedly plugging the gap with fundraising lunches and this between them raising most of the deficit. A great effort but the result of years of neglect by others and a pp management system which keeps those capable and willing to help in the dark. Mushroom mgt at it's best.
I am honing my skills in anticipation of my delegated(?) duties as car park attendant nad part time barman. Hey ho - nice to use one's talents! George

Anonymous said...

If you are 58 then I am 56! Belated birthday greetings Kath Wall

Anonymous said...

I have been working negatively for the last two years - seems to be working, try it.
g

Anonymous said...

negative work = doing nothing?

Anonymous said...

negative work =working in the opposite direction from the norm.
g