Saturday 13 August 2011

The glorious thirteenth.

It was past midnight before I was able to blog, last night, so missed the intended title.
Grouse beware!
The streets seem to have settled down, with added security, even in the bluest of white Solihull.

We went to see JR on Wed, staying overnight. All seems well there & Abigail, the Bolivian carer is great. It gave her a couple of days off, to spend with her family.
There is a carrier bag in the pond, which JR can see, of course. How do we get it out?

The volvo has a nasty banging/clicking from under the bonnet.
Ring of Bells has had it in once. overnight, to hear it first thing.
They didn't.
I took it in on Friday. It was banging away when I arrived, so I left it running on the road & fetched a mechanic.
He listened under the bonnet for ten minutes, without diagnosis, so it is having another away day on Monday, with bed-rest until then.
I went on to shop in Solihull, scrummy, healthy, bargain food in M&S & some window shopping.

Today I went to Blyth Hall to discuss the Soiree with Lady D. & Keith.
Lady D was delightful & couldn't have been more helpful.
We just need to sell some more tickets - let me know if you want to join us - good company, good wine & scrummy cheese in wonderful surroundings, all for £20.
I've finished tomorrow's sermon, thank God, we've had a super dinner & are now relaxing, watching Ronnie Corbett.
G is getting on well with the shed, Nigel has been here all day, petting in the footings for the little walls that will meet the timber, eventually.
It will be fit for habitation at this rate, better than the factory.

Two services tomorrow then I can relax, hopefully whilst gardening.

We're eating healthily, so no more cakes for a while & loads of fruit & vegetables.
We seem to have got into the habit of going to bed too late & then reading until the small hours.
This has the knock on effect of losing the following morning.
It must stop.
I shall be in bed by 11.00pm tonight.

Spellcheck turns Solihull into "molehill".
Discuss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't mention the moles !
Does Nigel has a foot fetish ?

Anonymous said...

I didn't.
Yes - I've told them to wear gloves!
g