Sunday 7 August 2011

By thunder.


Sunday afternoon, we have just had a ferocious storm, the first this year, as far as I can recall.
I was contemplating doing a little light gardening, but that is obviously out of the question now.
I shall follow plan 2: make some scones to go with the raspberry jam I bought for the prize-winning sponge cake & clotted cream that I bought in Tesco yesterday, because they didn't have any double cream.
You may ask what I was doing in the abhorred Tesco.
Well, I awarded myself a day off.
I booked a hairdressing appointment for 11.30am.
I asked him to do whatever he thought best.He opted for my present bob, which he said that he had been cultivating for twelve months & now hung very well (I think that I got that term from somewhere else. Was it B at DMP?)
We opted for it shorter & shaped to my neck at the back.
It looked good when I left.
I went to Solihull, parked at Morrison's (I feel that they owe me a lifetime of free parking after the £80 fine), went to M&S for coffee as it was 1.30am & I'd had nothing to eat.
This took an hour as I met an old friend.I only had time to shop in M&S then back to the car, to beat the 2 hour curfew.
I opted for Knowle to the Acorn shop, the only food shop is Tesco.
No wonder that JS & Waitrose are vying for a store there.
We went to Balti Cottage last night, whilst I was still glam.
We found that a whole meal is too much to eat - I left half of mine, G had a bad night, with flatulence!

I went to communion this morning, assisting as Keith is on holiday.
I got rid of the remaining plants from the sale at the show, before they realised that they were in a pot plant hospice, & was given a jar of marmalade.
Peter is here for a couple of days, snoozing in front of the TV after a late lunch.
Th kitchen floor is glistening as G dropped a bottle of Rioja before lunch!

Back to the kitchen - I did make a fine banana cake before lunch & a banoffi pie for desert.
Guess what I found lurking in the vegetable rack last night?

3 comments:

William said...

I am surprised that you bumped into anyone you knew in M&S at 1:30 in the morning!
Home made scones, clotted cream and raspberry jam... Yummm

Anonymous said...

Carrots?
MK

Anonymous said...

Will you settle for carrot cake?
It may count as one of your 5 a day.
m