Saturday 20 August 2011

Hi

I've discovered e-mailing!
Well, I'm not new to it, but I've had e-mails that need/warrant a reply & suddenly I'm e-mailing.
It's brilliant.
I don't think it costs anything & I get a reply really quickly.
This could be the way forward!

Anyway, we, or it might only be me, have eaten up all of the puddings from Wed's entertaining so we can get back to proper eating again.
Can I really have pet on 3lb in two days?

Yesterday we sourced food for the wine & cheese evening.
That might sound like a two shop stop, but it's not that easy.
We did Costco in Coventry, with Jan, for olives , sun-dried tomatoes & some cheese - the special cheeses are from a deli in Knowle, where we have ordered scrummy special breads.
W told me I must have the sd-toms & goats cheese. 
Are there any other "must-haves"?

We bought a sample or two & dined on cheese, olives & herb bread - not too healthy really.
I'll have a go at cheese straws, W makes them & says they're easy - I used to make them, in a former life, I think.
It's strange how you can be reminded of things that you had completely forgotten, but can't put them in context. The past all blurring/stirred up.
Is this common or is my brain closing down?
Immaterial really.

I bought two pairs of trousers yesterday, blue linen, long desired, in M&S sale & bargain crag hoppers, really special, spf 40, ....... even better than the chs that G took me to see, for my travels.

Have a brilliant weekend - I'm going in the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looked on t'internet for temperature in O2, one person measured it at 19.5 degrees with a pocket thermometer(not specified as to which pocket it was in )and although suggestions for smart dress were mainly jeans and a T shirt, I don't think that's really us, although there was the mention of comfortable shoes !

Anonymous said...

Comfy shoes, of course.
Linen slacks, T shirt & jacket?
Save the posh for this Friday.
m