Wednesday 4 March 2009

Where did Tuesday go?

Signal strength is low.
If I move to the settee, it is very low, an inch or two to the right & it disappears!
Last night I was in the middle of the settee so no chance of blogging without a great upheaval - G & aj in the prime signal seats!
(Are all computers built with a special "annoy" chip that can sense when all is going well & take diversionary action such as typing in a different place altogether, at random, pop up advertisements, go to new sites or offer "penis enlargements"?
I guess that it has something to do with my degree of competence.)

We watched Coast, discussed the dreadful choice of programmes available & that's the last thing that I remember before waking up to go to bed.

Anyway, yesterday aj & I went to the gym for our free "Pamper day": two towels & a robe each (usually I take my own towel), a couple of hours in the gym, a swim & then a half hour Elemis facial & manicure. Pure luxury.
Thanks Dunc!
The weather was foul by then, so we opted to come home for a cup of tea despite M&S having a Cafe Revive offer of "coffee & cake" for £2 (a slice of a big scrummy cappuccino cake or Victoria sandwich which is usually £2.20 on its own, plus a cup of coffee)
I lit a fire & we "vegged" until dinner.
The weather took a downturn, very cold, wet & very windy for much of the evening, requiring remedial action to stop the rain from blowing into the dining room through the sash windows.

This morning is cold with bright sunshine - I have yet to persuade G that he would enjoy a walk around the reservoir.
Aj is on the way home, complete with rejuvenated complexion, shiny bronze nails, & a handful of rubber gloves to protect them from the brillo pads!

Could dear little DK's brace have some use as a snowboard?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rushed home where it is attempting to snow and found that my survey was asking york residents whether they had ever been, would ever go and what they thought of Sunderland. Well sorry Elaine, but unless you lived in Sunderland why would you bother going there. We did a similar survey last year asking people why they didn't go to Scunthorpe. Need I ask ? aj

William said...

Scunthorpe is taken out of a lot of email filters becuase it has the C word in it. To be honest, I am surprised there is only 1.

We'll find out about DK and snowboarding next week...