Sunday 1 March 2009

Here I am!

Well, I've given up waiting for a comment or two, so I'll do a blog & hope that someone is interested.
I have been busy, honestly.
I know that this doesn't compare with you workers being busy but, I don't find this a problem.
G has just spent a week in the Red sea, some of it anyway.
He spent the remainder in Sharm, getting a tan - I collect him from EMA at midnight tonight (I hope that I've got that right)
I wont bore you with all of the details of life since the last blog, but it has been very pleasant, including Gina & the children staying, aj staying, tennis, shopping, & spending time with grandchildren, all of whom are really funny - we're working on T's farewell not including "Goodbye Mrs Pooeypants" *(not quite sure of the spelling there)

Aj & I have just returned from Shardelows, we went yesterday to celebrate JR's 85th birthday - lunch at The Cock in Castle Camps, complete with friend, Mary, balloons & a cake.
Last night we watched TV at quite high volume, to allow for JR's deficiencies & keep the hearing aid whistling to an acceptable level.
Aj is getting over the embarrassment of having selected QI as "Aj's favorite programme".
The content plumbed new depths of depravity as aj feigned sleep!
I fell asleep anyway.

I started a new book , something about chocolate, by Alex McCall Smith.
He writes very well, despite the first 50 pages or so seeming to be identical to the last book of his that I read - I was about to put it down, thinking that I had read it before.
The "Ladies No 1 Detective Agency" series was his first, before the Edinburgh novels.
They are great easy reads.
Time for some sustenance!

* spellcheck does not give a viable alternative!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid Tim has found it too difficult to rise to your challenge of not mentioning poo,pants or bottoms for a whole week in exchange for some Percy Pigs! I think he manages about half an hour intervals between mentions at best. He says he can't help it. Do you think it will develop into Tourettes?
E

Anonymous said...

On that note - J gave me a long list of people who had done smelly poohs this morning starting with Daddy and ending with his great grand parents.
On the book subject, sounds like ideal reading on our skiing holiday.
MK

William said...

Sounds like a dull book.
E gave J a book soley about pants so she has to take some of the blame.
Given that J has about 10 bowel movements each day, it is amazing that he doesn't talk about it more.

Anonymous said...

W you are only jealous.We had a letter the other day from Minworth asking for notice of your next visit so that they would lay on an extra team to avoid a log jam!

Anonymous said...

Ten small or one large?
Perhaps you intervene too soon.
m