Tuesday 10 March 2009

Is there anyone out there?

If you just click over the "comments" at the bottom of the blog, you will be able to put any comment you like on my blog, which will make me very happy as I will know that there is someone out there who reads my blog.

Today I paid the long promised visit to Kingsbury School.
I took a tray of cakes, hot from the oven, to be sure of a warm welcome.
It was great to see everyone, despite feelings being rather flat due to the proposed changes in staffing that have recently been muted.
Karl will be on Paternity leave in May, which I have been asked to cover - a chance to catch up on the state of play & earn enough to pay for the Easter holiday.
G dropped me off, booked the Lotus in for an MOT at Kingsbury garage & visited the office in Dosthill.
Later we went to Lichfield, primarily to buy a shower head from the firm that supplied the new bathroom fittings & to find some cake decorations for the christening cake.
We ordered the shower bit, but, unfortunately, the cook shop only had Christmas decorations & Easter chicks.
We visited the Arthur Price factory shop, just because it was there & sounded interesting.
We bought a couple of Ian Rankin & Wilbur Smith books in a charity shop, found a fascinating antique jewellery shop & had lunch in "The Scales"pub (fish & chips x 2 for £6)
It was market day, but very quiet in Lichfield. We tasted a sample of "home cooked Indian food in the market, which was delicious, hence we have enormous onion bhajis & curry for dinner, when G gets home from his spinning class.

The Global Warming conference in Copenhagen reports that sea levels will rise much more quickly than the 3mm per annum previously calculated.
I think that I will get my wellies in from the garage before I go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog- no pictures!

Anonymous said...

Sorry.
I'll try harder.
g