Tuesday 17 March 2009

A day in the green gym.

O & J at the Christening - escape tactics worked!

T, in party gear.
After the event.
Speech!
(That's the back of my head - style gone)

That's a G term that I really don't like, so, a day in the garden.
I am always amazed at how knackering gardening really is. We went out at about 9.30am, stopped for elevenses, on the job, we stopped for soup & a hot cross bun at 1.30pm, Dugdale's agent came at 2.30pm to set the new blackmail level.
Intriguingly, he is a very confident young man who has a patch over one eye. I forget his name; we do have a number of "familiars" for him.
We knocked off at 5.30pm & I spent the next hour in a hot bath reading my latest Wilbur Smith, Warlock.
We have since eaten fish with a pile of vegetables & a bowl of fruit.
We both have doctor's appointments tomorrow; Me to have my BP checked, after two weeks on half dosage tablets, G for a blood test to check his cholesterol. (nil by mouth after 10.00pm)
Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
I'm going on to play tennis & G is going to cycle to Lichfield to collect a part for the shower, navigating the tow paths.
Achievements: we have tidied the hedges in the field, raked out all of the debris, cleared every last leaf, even going so far as to move the trailer to clear that area.
The tyres were a bit flat, necessitating using a tow rope on the volvo to pull it out. We pushed it back but found that it stuck, with no obvious obstruction, until G realised that it was still attached to the car!
Thank God we didn't manage to move it, we could have run ourselves over, leaving four orphans!
And so, to bed.

I'll see if the pictures will blog tonight.




No comments: