Monday 30 June 2008

Advantage Murray.



That's what the umpire just said, but at 2-2, two sets down & struggling to hold his service, Murray doesn't appear to have much of an advantage.
He does have moments of brilliance but Gasquet is playing well.

I played a couple of hours of tennis at Coleshill this morning - I make up a foursome on Monday & Wednesday mornings, if available. Two of the ladies are in their seventies, but very competent players with good reach, if limited footwork. We play for enjoyment, to keep the ball in play really - no shouting or punching the air, which is good practice for me.
It was delightful this morning, bright sunshine & very little wind.
Afterwards I went on to the gym & did a workout & swim, then on to Solihull to shop.
We are going to Henley Regatta on Friday. G says that I need some wedge heeled shoes to cope with the grass/mud, if wet. I found some very stylish corn coloured ones in Gordon Scotts' sale.
I don't know what would go with them, though.
As I couldn't recall what I had in the wardrobe, it was easier to look for something to go with them.
I found a superb dress in Beatties' sale - chocolate brown, going to neutral & then corn coloured at the hem. There is even a corn coloured bolero style cardigan.
All of this is still expensive & I don't know if it is worth one & a half days pay - I haven't bought anything....yet.
The price of vanity.

They are into a tie-breaker in set 3 - Murray has just won the set witha truly remarkable shot.
He's still in the game!
G is at his new gym tonight, in Coventry.

4 comments:

William said...

From what I can see he won. It must be a long time since an english person got that far in Wimbledon. I haven't seen a single point yet though...

william said...

Swing swing together!
Have fun in Henly - I always wanted to go to the regatta - mainly because I always loved that song.
wrm

william said...

Henley

Anonymous said...

He is a very proud & surley Scot!
He plays Nadal next.
That will be a good match - Nadal is playing brilliantly & is expected to win, I think.

I still have nothing to wear.....
g