Friday 13 June 2008

A short break at the sea-side.

A text early on Thursday morning asked me to babysit on Friday..... in Bournemouth.
I set off on Thursday lunchtime, in G's car, with Sat Nav, & arrived two & a half hours later.
Beat that!
I've had a lovely time, looking after Oscar; we have been on the beach each afternoon, with a trip to the park this morning.
G looks great, the twins will arrive on Tuesday morning.

I drove home this evening.
All went well until I let the Sat Nav take me off the M40 at the A46 & then did a tour of Coventry. I can't believe how far I went, having faith that it knew a better route than I did, before resetting it & coming home.
I must set it on "Go Home" & find out in which corner of Coventry this device feels "at home".

AJ is here for an action packed weekend (I will wake her up in a moment, & send her to bed).
She had the dinner on the table & the wine open by the time I arrived - it was Joan Collins who said that what she needed was a "good wife",
after four husbands (I think)

G is sunning himself in Le Mans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.

William said...

I saw a bit of the Le Mans coverage this morning and it was raining. Much as it did at my bike race...