Wednesday 18 June 2008

Wimbledon or bust!

OK, so I did two blogs with fantastic news & photos & only two lotto nerds find it worthy of comment.
I did speak to every one of my relatives on the phone during the day.(almost)
Today G went out early for the train to London - home alone again.
I blogged the photos that G had taken & put on my laptop at midnight , when he got home, & prepared to go to the gym.
The ladies from the tennis club phoned & invited me for a game, so I drove to Coleshill and we played for an hour & a half, during which time I served a number of double faults but improved overall.
I have only played about half a dozen times since we moved here in 1979, so have a lot of catching up to do.
I went on to the gym, swam 25 lengths & had five minutes in the spa before hitting M&S for tea & a scone.
I then went to Homebase at Monkspath & broke the habit of a lifetime by deciding to come home down the M42.
This was closed at the Solihull turn & it took me well over an hour to get home.
Stuff the M42!
I am now fed, have napped & may even do some ironing.
The weather has turned, tomorrow looks cold & wet; perhaps I'll leave it then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you were a member for a season or so between 1979 and 1984!
wrm (in Oslo)

Anonymous said...

It,s like riding a bike...., but apparently a lot cheaper.aj

Anonymous said...

I went up briefly, but play was on Sunday afternoons & I always had to leave before it got going to take Evensong.
I'm not sure that I even paid my membership, which reminds me....

It's like riding a bike - I only do it when the weather's good & I ache afterwards!

A break to Oscar watch.
g