Sunday 15 June 2008

Where is everyone?

Aj is here with me, so we are watching Nadal vs Djokovic in the final of the Artois championship (tennis, not beer-drinking!)
The wise money is on Nadal as he is the better player.
It's good when life is that simple.
I do like to see players in WHITE, not green/grey Lycra with matching headband.
AJ tells me that Wimbledon still has white - you can perhaps imagine the conversation here - a bit "retirement home".
How did the race go, William?
G is still in Le Mans - these 24 hour races take quite a while!

AJ & I did Kenilworth, Knowle & Solihull yesterday, before dropping in at Thomas's birthday party for a cuddle & a piece of cake.
We stayed in & ate salmon & salad, strawberries & cream, in the evening, forgoing the wine tasting at Laithwaites.
AJ is a slave to her digestive tract!
We had a lie-in this morning as I had an 11.00 o'clock service to take at Whitacre.
We have just had lunch in the lounge as it is overcast, 14 degrees & this will not tempt AJ to leave the TV/tennis.
I'll put on a picture following "Big William's" comment on "text".
That's insecurity for you.

Nadal is 1 -3 down!
Perhaps life isn't that simple after all.
Queen's Club - Artois championship.

Le Mans 2008. G is top right, third row, third in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tennis gets more exciting when the man with the mower finishes !

Anonymous said...

OK, so the pic came from t'internet - I was at home, not at Queen's club.
I am at home again today!
g

Anonymous said...

Le Mans 2008 was won by a Dane - again apparently. I ahve no desire ever to go and watch any form of motor racing. The Cars DVD is quite enough. Yesterday I managed NOT to have to watch Cars. Thanks to our recent visitors J now has a Cars ruck sack and the book as well - best things in the world at the moment.
MK

Anonymous said...

Even the Apprentice winner was called "Mcqueen".
I'll look for something even more trying for the next visit; it will be a challenge!
m