Monday 17 November 2014

Thank you Morrisons!

I think that the "Clothes Shwap" preparations are well under way - 18 rails booked and quite a few tables, wine bought, glasses ordered and folk on hand to help out - door and bar.
We don't have access to the hall until 5.30pm on Fri, which gives me the day to sort out and label things to sell.
I gave a lot of clothes to the charity shop in Coleshill a while ago so I may not have much; I do have a rail - full from aj anyway.
Anyone else want a rail?

I've praying for Xmas tree sponsorship in every post.
So far Morrisons, Bloor Homes (Whitacre Gardens) and The Wedding Barns have confirmed, along with 3 churches, 2 pubs with and 4 families - 14 in total, so half sold.

I shopped in Solihull on the way to collect J and Th from school.
I bought nothing - must be a record.
I did stop at the Monkspath M&S Food on the way home this evening to buy a basil plant.
They were all dead, which I did point out to the assistant.
Remains of yesterday's cottage pie for dinner - scrummy.

I've just watched a programme on the history of dance, with "Len" - the Assembly rooms in York was the first public dance venue  and I've danced there - a student ball when I was at St Johns.
They moved on to Sion House - I've been there as well, to a wedding reception, which was memorable.
I'd been to some of the other venues as well - I've forgotten where now, too busy with e mails.
Time for bed - linen to put on it first but worth the effort  - one of life's simple pleasures, getting into a bed with clean white cotton sheets.

No comments: