Monday 6 October 2014

Officially Autumn.

Blimey it was cold and wet this morning.
Every year, as far back as I can remember, or certainly since W was born on 1 Oct 1974, the weather has changed on his birthday, summer has gone and autumn has arrived.
Every year this takes me by surprise - today was no exception.
It took longer than expected to get up, due to the cold and needing to cook bacon and egg for breakfast.
It did warm up to a sultry 12 degrees by the afternoon when I was in Solihull en route to collect J and Th from school.
House of Fraser has a sale; I bought Christy sheets and towels at less than half price and had great service from the assistant. - well worth a visit.
I bought socks, undies and a sale T shirt from M&S as they're having a bad year, I believe.
Home by 7.00pm, having bought dinner for the rest of the week at M&S at Monkspath, cooked, ate and checked my e bay account - much easier than I had anticipated, so now selling everything that's not bolted down to pay for my round the world cruise.

Sorry for the typos - Matthew has started dropping his aitches (please note, especially if you work for HSBC and answer the phone, THERE IS NO H IN AITCH!!!!!) and Newbold Pacey is near Wellesbourne, Newbold Percy is something altogether different!
A story for another day.
 

1 comment:

William said...

I'm not at all sure that I want to hear that one!